Kids That Rip Skateboard School

Visit our Official Website at www.kidsthatrip.com

Friday, July 24, 2009

Diego Meek: Bag of Tricks for Video and Stills

"There's like so many ways you can take a picture of the same thing, and its all up to whoever is taking the picture to decide that."~ Diego Meek
There is no doubt Diego has an eye for shooting both photography and videography. His video and pics speak for themselves, so check them out below. His interview follows.

a week at ktr from diego meek on Vimeo.



BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing


Interview with Diego Meek

Name, Age, Hometown:
Diego Meek, 14, Mesa, AZ!!
Local Sk8 Spot:
My favorite spot would be Beardsley banks.
Who or what are usually your subjects when filming or taking photographs?
Friends skateboarding most of the time.
What came first, your video camera or still camera?
I used to film with my digicam but i wouldn't really care how it was filmed, but just that it was on film.
Which do you prefer?
I'd rather film, but I want to get a lot better at taking stills.
Do you have future goals to either be a videographer, photographer, or both?
Yes, but right now its really more for the fun of it and to get better at what I do. I want to go to school for some kind of art and photography classes.
What do you like about these two medias?
Ok, so about filming, I like it because I'll just try to film it as good as I can. Then, I'll try to edit it to fit the music the best I can. I like photography because there's like so many ways you can take a picture of the same thing, and its all up to whoever is taking the picture to decide that.
Give your readers a tip for filming good skateboarding.
Uuhhh...... don't use all auto settings.
Where can people go to view more of Diego's works?
vimeo.com/diegomeek; flickr.com/diegomeek
What's your favorite thing about skateboarding.
Fun Fun Fun
Favorite skate video?
ahm (a happy medium)
Favorite magazine?
I have a monthly subscription of gnarcore in the mail, no not really, maybe The Skateboardmag

No comments: